Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Rock Gal Anagrams 5

  1. #1
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    WHAT could be easier than anagrams of some famous rock gals?
    Not much I, once again, hear you saying. Well, here's another chance for you to prove it.
    This is game number five in our Rock Gal Anagram series -
    - all you have to do is guess the real name of each female rocker.
    The prize is $100 in imaginary money, for each correct answer, to spend immediately (if not sooner) on anything imaginable!

    We at RGA do not encourage saving imaginary money but a direct deposit can be made to your imaginary bank account if that is truly what you wish!

    The winner of this game will join our previous winners in the big
    Rock Gal Anagrams Tournament Of Champions, so don't wait; don't hesitate. Buzz in just as soon as you figure one, or more, of these out!

    Okay folks...Here then are your ten brand spanking new <font size="4">Rock Gal Anagrams!</font> [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Good Luck!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    01) vice kiss ten
    02) you win me that
    03) sin on lawn
    04) candy is then
    05) icier ear rum
    06) suave zen nag
    07) lie to class
    08) a jew in need
    09) and or if I can
    10) a~n~a~l dove shop

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ January 28, 2004 12:00 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Bohemian Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2003
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Oh good. More rock gal anagrams.
    Like that california governor I'll be back!
    Todd

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KLH's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2002
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    OK Here we go again:
    1) Stevie Nicks
    3)Ann Wilson (Heart)
    6) Suzanne Vega
    9) Ani DiFranco
    Now that is what I call good start!!!
    Ill be back too!
    KLH [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    We are off to a remarkable start here folks! From the Lapland is one of our previous challengers who, altough not yet the winner of a game, has shown an incredible knowldege of Rock Gals and a fantastic ability to figger out Rock Gal Anagrams! KLH has four correct answers already and intends to return with more!
    Our previous winner, the Bohemian Twister, has vowed to return with some answers of his own but, indeed, has some catching up to do now!
    Don't be intimidated people! This is anyone's game and imaginary cash does NOT grow on trees! It ain't over till the fat lady sings so keep trying. Don't get frustrated and give up!
    YOU can do it if'n ya try!!!

    KLH you are now $400.00 richer if you can believe it! Great work!!
    01) 'vice kiss ten' is indeed Stevie Nicks
    03) 'sin on lawn' is indeed Ann Wilson
    06) 'suave zen nag' is indeed Suzanne Vega
    09) 'and or if I can' is indeed Ani Difranco

    Six more to go folks and here they are:

    02) you win me that
    04) candy is then
    05) icier ear rum
    07) lie to class
    08) a jew in need
    10) a~n~a~l dove shop

    Sorry about having to insert those little squiggly lines on #10
    but the board doesn't like that word much, I reckon!
    Good luck everybody!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #5
    Inactive Member KLH's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2002
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Gus! I'm already back
    Thanks for the money. I just realized a terrible mistake. How could I miss nr 5? [img]redface.gif[/img] MARIE CURRIE
    I hope you forgive me for that
    KLH
    PS: I come from the southern part of Sweden, while Lapland is in the north (halfway to the Northpole) DS

  6. #6
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi KLH,
    You are frogiven 4 sure! That was a hard one to come up with in the first place so I was hoping it wouldn't be too easy to solve!
    Thanks for the geograpy lesson btw. I should never jump to such conclusions when it comes to Sweden, obviously!
    You now have 5 correct answers and the most anyone can hope to do is tie your score!
    If that happens there will be some sort of tie breaker.
    05) 'icier ear rum' is indeed Marie Currie!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    And now there are five remaining Rock Gal Anagrams folks. And here they are:

    02) you win me that
    04) candy is then
    07) lie to class
    08) a jew in need
    10) a~n~a~l dove shop

    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Bohemian Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2003
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Okay Gus as usual I'm a day late and an imaginary dollar short.
    I had Ani DiFranco and Marie Currie figured out too. Oh well...
    Good job KLH! I also figured out **** dove shop. It's Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star. I love her song Fade Into You!
    Don't count me out yet you guys!
    Todd

  8. #8
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    You are correct Mr. Twister!

    #10 'an*l dove shop' is indeed Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star. I think she is with a 'The Warm Inventions' now though.

    If you are going to tie KLH you'll now need to solve these four too:

    02) you win me that
    04) candy is then
    07) lie to class
    08) a jew in need

    This game is still open to everyone though folks so buzz in with your answers and take home some imaginary mula. Like I said before "it ain't over till the fat lady sings" so keep 'em coming!

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #9
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey folks, it's hint time here on Rock Gal Anagrams....but before I give you the hints I must apologize forthwith.
    Our staff, here at RGA, has informed me that one of the, as yet, un-solved Rock Gal Anagrams was inadvertently based on a mis-spelled name!
    Those idiot RGA staffers have really put me on the spot here. [img]redface.gif[/img]
    My apologies to those of you who have spent countless hours trying to figger out #8 when it was un-figgeroutable all along!
    Rest assured, the incompetent underlings have been suspended, without pay, and I have personally changed #8 to a figgeroutable Rock Gal Anagram.
    Please frogive RGA [img]eek.gif[/img] for this ridiculous and un-precedented goof up!!!!
    Here, then, are your hints folks, for 'Rock Gal Anagrams' Game 5!


    02) 'you win me that' > She was a HEAD of her time!
    04) 'candy is then' > She co-wrote Kylie Minogue's biggest hit ever!
    07) 'lie to class' > She did NOT choke to death on a ham sandwich!
    08) 'jail wine den' >She vacations with the Carlisle Group!

    Good luck now!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ February 07, 2004 10:17 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Bohemian Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2003
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    #2 is Tina Weymouth of the Talking Heads
    #8 is Jane Wiedlin of the Go Go's

    Shame on that staff of yours Gus.
    Just kidding. **** happens!
    Todd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic